13 oct 2016

OH ANGELINA

 JUEVES, 13 DE OCTUBRE 




Well, it's always been my nature
To take chances
My right hand drawing back
While my left hand advances

Where the current is strong
And the monkey dances
To the tune
Of a concertina

Blood dryin' in my yellow hair
As I go from shore to shore
I know what it is
That has drawn me to your door

But whatever could it be
Makes you think
You've seen me before
Angelina

Oh, Angelina

His eyes were two slits
Makin' a snake proud
With a face that any painter would paint
As he walked through the crowd

Worshiping a God
With the body of a woman
Well endowed
And the head of a hyena

Do I need your permission
To turn the other cheek?
If you can read my mind
Why must I speak?

No, I have heard nothing
About the man
That you seek
Angelina

Oh, Angelina

In the valley of the giants
Where the stars and stripes explode
The peaches they were sweet
And the milk and honey flowed

I was only following instructions
When the judge
Sent me down the road
With your subpoena

When you cease to exist
Then who will you blame?
I've tried my best to love you
But I cannot play this game

Your best friend
And my worst enemy
Is one and the same
Angelina

Oh, Angelina

There's a black Mercedes
Rollin' through the combat zone
Your servants are half dead
You're down to the bone

Tell me, tall man
Where would you like
To be overthrown
In Jerusalem or Argentina?

She was stolen from her mother
When she was three days old
Now her vengeance has been satisfied
And her possessions have been sold

He's surrounded by God's angels
And she's wearin' a blindfold
But so are you
Angelina

Oh, Angelina

I see pieces of men marching
Trying to take Heaven by force
I can see the unknown rider
I can see the pale white horse

In God's truth name
Tell me what you want
And you'll have it of course
Just step into the arena

Beat a path of retreat
Up them spiral staircases
Pass the tree of smoke
Pass the angel with four faces

Begging God for mercy
And weepin'
In unholy places
Angelina

Oh, Angelina


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario